Saturday, June 13, 2009

Guacamole....ole!!!

I LOVE guacamole, it requires such few ingredients but is oooh so good. This is an easy peasy recipe from my favourite "celebrity" chef Ina Garten. I've made it so many times I no longer need to refer to the recipe. I have an aversion to cilantro so I don't add it to my guacamole but for those that love it...add away.

Guacamole
Makes 3 cups

Ingredients
4 ripe Haas avocados
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
8 dashes of Tabasco sauce
1/2 cup small diced red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 medium tomato, seeded, and small diced

Directions
-cut avocados in half, remove pits and scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl.
-add the rest of ingredients.
-mix well, mashing or dicing the mixture to your desired texture.
-serve with plain nachos.
**Tip, when storing guacamole place plastic wrap directly on top of guacamole to prevent the air from getting to it and turning it brown**



No comments: